Modular Management is seeking an individual who can combine their market, product, engineering and business expertise to guide our clients in achieving world class product development success.
In this position, you will lead cross-functional client teams to create and implement modular product architecture across company functions and processes, building sustainable improvements in business performance. Supported by Modular Management’s established methods and software, you will integrate a client’s market, technology and business drivers into a new approach for future products.
You will join a team of exceptional colleagues at a rapidly growing firm that is recognized globally as the leader in the developing field of product architecture, modularity and configuration. Modular Management is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden with offices in Europe, Japan and the United States. This position is based out of the Minneapolis (Bloomington), Minnesota office.
The Successful Candidate
- Self-motivator, analytical thinker and fast learner
- Collaborative problem solver and team builder
- Excellent communicator, both oral and written
- Leader through influence and business acumen
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years work experience
- BS in an engineering discipline with application in mechanical, mechatronic, electromechanical, electrical, electronic, software or systems engineering domains
- Cross-functional new product development experience – working to deliver products while balancing market, technology, cost, manufacturing and supply chain perspectives
- Desire to work with global teams and enjoy up to 50% travel
Other Relevant Experience and Skills
- Advanced degree in business, technology or product management
- Program management using a structured process such as stage gate, lean or agile
- Communicating market and product requirements supported by the voice of customers
- Systems engineering with target setting, product benchmarking and concept selection
- Teaching and/or coaching people, building commitment and new ways of working
- Management consulting or process improvement consulting
Questions can be submitted to:
About Modular Management
Companies across the globe work with Modular Management to create and apply market driven, strategic Modular product architectures in industries as varied as home appliances, industrial products, telecom, robotics, construction equipment, and building fabrication.
Modularity and the architecture information model are key enablers to achieve the objectives of Industry 4.0 and digitalization. By implementing this approach, our clients have achieved dramatic improvements in business performance through increased speed and efficiency while simultaneously expanding the breadth of product offered to the market.
Using a proven methodology along with our proprietary software, experienced Modular Management consultants partner with our client’s resources to deploy a set of innovative tools, structured processes and proprietary software. Together, we uncover and exploit the economic potential of a modular product architecture that lies within our client’s markets, products, technologies and operations.