Product Development Consultant
Modular Management USA
Do you want to transform the industry? Modular Management is a consulting firm that works with international companies to create and deploy market-driven product platforms, built on modular principles. In this role you will work with some of the greatest companies in the world, in industries as varied as home appliances, robotics, telecom, and construction.
Modular Management seeks an individual who can combine their market, product, engineering, and business expertise to guide our clients in achieving world-class product development success.
In this smaller, niche consultancy, you can learn all parts of the business. We all work as consultants in a non-hierarchical organization, where even the most experienced consultants do the same tasks as new employees. Staff turnover is low, the company prioritizes work-life balance, and you get to learn something new every day.
In this position, you will lead cross-functional client teams to create and implement modular product architecture across company functions and processes, engaging in a new way of working and building sustainable improvements in business performance. Supported by Modular Management’s established methods and software, you will integrate a client’s market, technology, and business drivers into a new approach for the planning, developing, and delivering future products. Your main task is not developing products but coaching clients, developing methods, and facilitating cross-functional collaboration.
What We Offer
You will join a team of diverse colleagues in a global setting at a rapidly growing firm recognized globally as the leader in the developing field of product architecture, modularity, and configuration. Modular Management is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, with offices in Europe, Japan, and the United States. This position is based out of our Minneapolis (Bloomington), Minnesota office. We work in teams of consultants with our clients, both on-site and online. We collaborate with each other, both in our office and from our home offices. In this hybrid approach, you are highly accountable for managing your time.
In a smaller, niche consultancy you will get to learn all parts of the business. We all work as consultants in a non-hierarchical organization, where even the most experienced consultants share similar tasks with new employees. Staff turnover is low, the company prioritizes work-life balance, and you get to learn something new every day. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Skills and Experience
The Successful Candidate:
- Self-motivator, analytical thinker and fast learner
- Collaborative problem solver and team builder
- Excellent communicator, both oral and written
- Leader through influence and business acumen
Required Experience and Skills:
- 5-15 years cross-functional new product development
- Ability to assess and balance market, technology, cost, manufacturing and supply chain
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Program management using a structured process such as stage gate, lean or agile
- Creation of market and product requirements, making decisions using voice of customer
- Systems engineering with target setting, product benchmarking and concept selection
- DFx (DFA, DFM, etc.), value engineering, target costing or other design approaches
- Management consulting or process improvement consulting
- Teaching and/or coaching people, building commitment and new ways of working
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BS in an engineering discipline with application in mechanical, mechatronic, electromechanical, electrical, electronic, software or systems engineering domains
- Advanced degrees in business, engineering or technology are an advantage
- Demonstrated experience in product development
- Desire to work with global teams and enjoy travel
How to Apply?
Please submit your application in the form below with your including a short cover letter and condensed CV, preferably not more than one page each.
Please apply as soon as possible because we’ll be interviewing candidates continuously.
For any further inquiries, please contact email@example.com.
About Modular Management
Companies across the globe have worked with Modular Management to create and apply market-driven modular product platforms, in industries as varied as home appliances, industrial products, telecom, and construction equipment.
By implementing this approach, clients have achieved dramatic improvements in business performance through increased speed and efficiency, while simultaneously expanding the breadth of products offered to the market.
Using proven methods and PALMA®, a unique product architecture lifecycle management software, we partner with client resources to deploy a set of innovative tools and structured processes. Together we uncover and exploit the economic potential of the modular product architecture that lies within the markets, products, technologies, operations, and support systems of our clients.
Modular Management was founded in 1996 in Stockholm, Sweden.